Proper progress in implementation is guaranteed by the actions of the Monitoring Committee as set out in articles 47/48/49 of Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013. When carrying out its functions the Monitoring Committee examines:
- any issues that affect the performance of the OP including the conclusions of the checks on the efficiency of implementation;
- progress made in implementation of the evaluation plan and the follow-up given to findings of evaluations;
- implementation of the communication strategy;
- implementation of joint action plans;
- actions to promote equality between men and women, equal opportunities, and non-discrimination, including accessibility for persons with disabilities;
- actions to promote sustainable development;
- where applicable, any ex ante conditionalities not fulfilled at the date of the submission of the Partnership Agreement and Operational Programme;
- progress on actions to fulfil the applicable ex ante conditionalities;
- the state of implementation of the financial instruments.
The Monitoring Committee is also responsible for approving:
- the methodology and criteria used for selection of operations;
- the annual and final implementation reports;
- the evaluation plan for the Operational Programme;
- the communication strategy for the Operational Programme.